Wednesday, October 6, 2010

That's a Wrap

What a year it has been! In some ways it seems like just yesterday I was figuring out how to work Blogger and start my own little chunk of web space. In other ways it seems so far behind me, as I have learned so many things big and small.
- I have learned to knit over the past twelve months and in the last twelve days have come to realize that to experience true joy in knitting I need to choose quick and easy projects made with yarn that I fall in love with, no matter how impractical it is.
- I have learned that I love to cook and view it as an expression of love. I know now that scary recipes aren't so scary after all, that even simple recipes get messed up, and that you can always heat up a frozen pizza if that happens. I learned that there is a time to bake and a time to cook. If you figure out when to do what thing you will be in kitchen bliss (especially if you have help with the clean up).
- I have learned how to build a studio out of a guest bedroom closet, start a small business, and create an etsy shop. I have learned how to set up a trunk show. I have learned the definition of trunk show.  
- I have learned that my taste in books is never-changing: Maine + Romance = Awesome. 
Thanks to Jason, I have learned that Maine is as awesome as I imagined it for all these years.
- I have learned that my amazing little girl thinks that I can make anything. I think that is so cool. More so, I think she is so cool. 
::
::
I hope that if this little corner of the web has found you, that it has inspired you to be brave, be silly, try new things, and above all never stop learning. 
::
And now, my friends, after a year of blogging I am choosing to step away from this space. This will be the last post of The Makings of Everyday blog so that I may continue to be a life-long learner and pursue new things, balance among them. 
::
Thank you for coming along for the ride! I have truly appreciated every comment and email and have loved making far-away friends whom I would never have had the chance to know otherwise. Many blessings to you all :)


Sincerely, 
Danielle

8 comments:

  1. I am sad to see the blog go, but am grateful for what you have shared with us all over the past year! Enjoy your "time off" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed your blog so much and will miss it. Thank you for sharing so many great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What accomplishments you have achieved this past year. I am happy for you. I too will be sad not to see your updates and especially your book bits, I have loved reading all those books! Good luck!
    --Jennifer S

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really enjoyed sharing in your life!Its been a inspiring ride ;]!Will miss you lots :[!!
    p.s tree is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies so much for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will really miss reading this blog and seeing all your beautiful creations - so many have inspired me on my own creative journey. Good luck with whatever you decide to persue next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I am catching up on my blog reading and just saw this. I am very sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Danielle, I wish you all the best!! I've really enjoyed your blog. I am feeling the same way about my blog--so hard for me to keep up with it even though it's really fun. I just logged on to catch another peek at your beautiful workspace.

    ReplyDelete