Friday, September 17, 2010

Proposal

My friend Elyse has a very cool 14-year-old stepdaughter whose room needs a little re-do. Elyse wants to somewhat surprise her with new art for above the bed and invited me to do it (way cool). Not one to mess with the strong opinions of teenagers, I decided to start with a proposal and go from there. 
::
I was given her likes: red, black, giraffe print, Audrey Hepburn. This is my proposal: 
She has a queen-sized bed with a black headboard, so I wanted black to be the accent and not the dominant color on the art piece(s). To have the art be in scale with the bed, I envisioned three 11 by 14 inch pieces. As you can see, I have given her a starting point for options so that she can either agree or disagree and not try to pull ideas out of the sky (that's my job!). I am anxious to see if she likes any of the above! In the mean time, I am getting ready to begin on an autumn-colored mixed media for an adorable baby named Mason and a blossom-covered tree for soon-to-be-born Ava Grace. 
::
This is so much fun!!!

2 comments:

  1. And Mason can't wait either! Love, Carie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project! I love the Audrey Hepburn silhouette!

    ReplyDelete