Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Confection Collection

Introducing The Confection Collection! Of course, it all began with Cupcake Chic. My friend Beth purchased it for her adorable little girl Leah. Then the sneakies began! Beth's sister Rebecca commissioned me to make two companion pieces for the cupcake as a surprise. Due to the secretive nature (both ladies are blog readers;), I haven't been able to share the confection-making process in this space. Finally, the secret is out and I can show you what in the world I have been up to in the studio lately: 

Each of these is a 5 x 4 inch mixed media art piece AND each has my confection signature, a "sugary" framing :)
Thanks to Beth and Rebecca!!


5 comments:

  1. Hooray! They turned out better than I could have imagined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are gorgeous and makes me very hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!
    PS: I baked my own edible confections tonight--I guess they made ME hungry too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for Leah to get these for her birthday, so I can finally hang them all up in her room! As I told you before, words just can't describe how adorable they all are. When you see them in person, you can really appreciate all of the little details and hard work you put into it. I can't really say I have a favorite, but that waffle cone is spectacular! :)

    ReplyDelete