Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cardboard Barn


I found this really cute tutorial for a cardboard barn at RealSimple.com. Amelia had been talking about wanting a farm and the different animals she would have, so this fit the bill. Of course, we modified it a little to suit our personalities (and available supplies!). The most fun resource was a cork square (extra from a bulletin board). We used it for the roofing and then cut the extra pieces up and stacked them to make hay bales. Fun! After painting and drawing some details (painting, me; drawing, her) I let her cut up some string and glue it down for straw. Truth be told, I think I am more smitten with it than she is! 
::
PS: If a barn isn't what you are after check out this cool cardboard theater from MyCakies!

1 comment:

  1. It came out adorable!She takes after me with the animals,heehee.

    ReplyDelete