Sunday, September 19, 2010

Barefoot Sunday: Shortbread Cookies

It's true--I have made these shortbread cookies many times. Partly because they are so delicious and partly because as long as I haven't been totally remiss in upkeeping my pantry, I always have the short list of supplies on hand. Today we topped most them with our favorite: raw sugar and cinnamon. Then we tried something new on a few: chopped Nestle crunch. Not bad. The skill lesson for today was teaching Amelia how to level off a measuring cup:
The recipe is Ina Garten's Pecan Shortbread Cookies minus the pecans. Her regular shortbread recipe doesn't include the vanilla/almond extracts, which I think are the most important parts!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, recipe please - they look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch Bethany! I usually link the recipe or reference it, but I forgot. I will add it straight away!

    ReplyDelete