Sunday, September 12, 2010

Barefoot Sunday: Provençal Potato Salad

I have been waiting for what seems like forever to have the time/patience to make this very beautiful salad (it's so pretty that it graces the cover of the official Barefoot Contessa cookbook). I finally made it on Monday after making its first ingredient (the French potato salad) the day before. I couldn't wait to try it! I even made it ahead and let it sit like you're supposed to. 
It was good. No more, no less. But please don't judge Ina--it is perhaps that our tastes are just not very French and just very much Italian. Despite being the one who prepared the salad, all through eating it I kept expecting the white bits to be mozzarella when instead they were boiled egg. In hindsight I should have taken it as a sign when the recipe said the eggs, alongside the anchovies, were "optional." Hmn...

1 comment: