Sunday, September 5, 2010

Barefoot Sunday: French Potato Salad

"There are no good substitutions for dill," the knowledgeable and apologetic produce man said to me as I stared down the empty row where fresh dill should be. "You just gotta leave it out."  "Thanks," I said brightly. Brightly because it's not really his fault that my grocery store is sub-par. Oh well. I followed his sage advice and omitted the two tablespoons of dill. 
::
Turns out that I love parsley and basil so much that I didn't know what I was missing. This potato salad was full bodied and delicious. Unlike American potato salad, and much like the Italian potato salad that I will share here another time, this recipe called for no mayonnaise. Don't worry--the olive oil vinaigrette does just fine. 
::
I must confess...I made this only as a vehicle for an altogether different Barefoot Sunday recipe that uses this particular potato salad as a base. I am very excited to make it, as it's one of the "biggies" that I have always wanted to make. Soon, friends! 
::
PS: Here is the recipe :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment