Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hair-Raising Headband

A while back I subscribed to a cool knitting e-letter called The Yarn Players. They send me emails with fun and interesting (and free) patterns. My first newsletter included a pattern for this super adorable headband called The Hair-Raising Headband. As soon as I saw it I grabbed the yarn I had on hand and set to work because A) I could practice my new skill of purl stitching and B) I have the same hair-do as the girl in the picture (and I am only half-kidding about that reason ;). 
::
The band is the same width all the way around, which causes that bizarro hair bump thing at the nape of the neck if you wear it with your hair down...SO I have decided to experiment with knitting increases and decreases to create a tapered band. I'll let you know how it goes!!
::
PS: Taking a picture of your own headband is a little tricky!

3 comments:

  1. You and your headband look adorable and hey I luvvvvv that cam!!!!!!!!!Think I might try to crouchet a headband for me and Anna banana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you get that wicked bump on the back of the neck! Everyone around me acts like it's me! Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do! It's third on the list of knitted items...perhaps I should choose Christmas colored yarn for it ;)

    ReplyDelete