Monday, August 16, 2010

Find Your Place of Peace...Then Go There

Sparing you the details, I will say that some events this weekend left me feeling out-of-sorts and generally emotionally icky. Luckily such things were limited to the early weekend, so Sunday was available for a do-over. Through this process of blogging and blog-reading I have learned so much about what brings me joy; a sense of peace and quiet in my soul. It took a few hours of preparation but by Sunday's early afternoon I was just where I wanted to be: baking blueberry muffins with Amelia with the hum of the dryer in the background (fresh sheets!), fresh flowers bunched on different tables, and a basket of books and knitting waiting for me on the couch. All was right with the world again. I hope this post inspires you to find what fuels your soul and then inspires you to carve out some time to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment