Sunday, August 8, 2010

Barefoot Sunday: Ice Cream Bombe

Ta da! It's the Barefoot Contessa's Ice Cream Bombe from Barefoot in Paris. Well, kinda. We decided to use a different combination of flavors while practicing the skill of making it (as you can see I need a little more practice before this recipe is guest-worthy). 
::
To make one of your own all you'll need is three different ice cream flavors (ones that you think would complement each other taste-wise and color-wise), plastic wrap, and a set of three nesting bowls. I wanted to make a small bombe since it's just the three of us, so I used Amelia's stackable snack bowls, which necessitated only 1/2 to 2/3 of a pint of each flavor. All it takes is a process of softening, smoothing out, and re-freezing a few times--which is really easy to squeeze in amongst other kitchen duties through out the day. Slicing required a knife run under hot water, but once it was served it hit the spot :)
::
PS: This time we tried lemon-strawberry-vanilla. I'm thinking of perhaps a chocolate layer next time...

3 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds good especially since I'm melting right now from scrubbing the inside of the van in 90 degree weather!UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. I'm thinking maybe 2 chocolate layers next time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, chocolate covered chocolaty chocolate. Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete