Sunday, July 11, 2010

Barefoot Sunday: Pink Lemonade

It's so HOT, as I am sure you know. Seeking inspiration for a low-effort, low kitchen-heating Barefoot Contessa recipe, I searched Foodnetwork.com for her recipes by rating. Five-star Pink Lemonade? Yes please!!
The making of this is so easy. The most high maintenance part was needing to purchase grenadine for only two teaspoons of "pink," but whatever...we'll have some Shirley Temples later this week ;). As for the lemonade, it hit the spot!
Notes: 
- The recipe called for super fine sugar, which I couldn't find. We did just fine by stirring the granulated sugar directly in the lemon juice before adding any other ingredients. 
- To yield 1 cup of lemon juice, I needed 7.5 lemons (good thing they were on sale!). 

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! Yeah when did lemons get sooo expensive???? I noticed that the last couple years.Used to be able to buy a big bag full cheap???Grrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete