Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rumor Has It

What an adorable cover, no? Who could resist! This from the back of the book:


Newly single, Tilly Cole impulsively accepts a job offer in a small town as a "Girl Friday." Fun job, country house, fresh start, why not? But soon she finds herself in a hotbed of gossip, intrigue, and rampant rivalry for the town's most desirable bachelor--Jack Lucas...


Chick lit at its best I tell you! I found it funny, readable, and down-to-earth. It had enough characters in it to keep it interesting but not so many that you lose count and forget who people are (don't you hate it when that happens?). Tilly is perfectly frustrating as a lead character and Lou, the teenage girl of the house, is incredibly likable and fun to read about. I liked this one so much that when my Borders coupon clicked into my inbox I ran out and picked up another book by the same author. Good stuff! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a keeper and yes the cover is irresistible!!!You always find cool covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know--it's terrible! I judge books by covers!!

    ReplyDelete