Thursday, June 3, 2010

Maine In Bloom

Everywhere we looked there were flowers! It seemed every storefront, restaurant, cottage, and roadside had its own assortment of colorful blossoms on proud display. I was stunned by the sheer variety of flowers--it seems in our own North Florida neighborhood we all have the same eight plantings. And if I may say, the light in Maine is just spectacular. Whatever little particles make up the hazy blue hue of the harbor sky seem to perfectly and brightly refract every other color you see on land. Oh, Maine, how I love thee!
PS: The Garden Bunny has a little cameo on the One Pearl Button blog. I didn't win the contest, but I am so proud of that little bunny!

2 comments:

  1. Bunny should have won!!Cool yellow flowers on tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - those flowers are amazing and you've captured them so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete