Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Knitting "In the Round"

...also known as knitting on circular needles...when making items that are tube-shaped such as hats, sleeves, etc. I was quite intimidated by the thought, but pushed forward when I saw this free pattern that was too cute to pass up. 
::
As it turns out, knitting in the round is easy and in many ways more fun to me than straight needles. The circular needles are shorter, thereby feeling a bit more manageable in my hands. Even better, it's psychologically easier for me to complete one rotation of stitches at a time verses going back across a straight needle (Sort of like running...I would rather make a one-mile lap than go down the street for a half-mile and have to retrace my steps back home).
::
PS: In lieu of a fancy stitch marker, I used a safety pin to mark my spot at the beginning of a row. Whatever works, right?!

1 comment: