Saturday, June 26, 2010

Blueberry Picking!

My friend Roseann clued me in to a delightful little treasure only a half-hour drive from the house--a blueberry farm! For all my dreaming of Maine, this was quite a pleasant surprise and treat. It was so amazing to see the beautiful color changes that happen to the berries as they ripen. From white, to pale pink, to vibrant pinks, purples, and blues my camera just kept on clicking. And since they grow on bushes, Amelia could easily reach and hold the bucket, which pleased her greatly. Thanks Roseann!
Now, as it is stormy outside, we are waiting rather impatiently for this to get out of the oven. I'll let you know how it turns out!!

2 comments:

  1. The third pic down is amazing!!!!!!What a beautiful array of colors.Makes me wanna just lay in them and stare!!!Oh and eat them to ;]!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike went blueberry picking yesterday in Monticello.

    He is planning on making jam this week.

    Have you checked out his blog. You guys have a lot in common!

    http://blackcoffeeandbourbon.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete