Friday, May 14, 2010

Zucchini Week, Final Installment!

We've had zucchini both baked and fried this week--now we end in flourish with a final saute. For the amount of tastiness this yields, it's really very simple and easy. 
::
In a pan, I sauteed:
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2  tomatoes, seeded and juiced and then chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic (I leave them whole so that I can fish them out before serving)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper


We served it over grilled chicken and had a very light and flavorful meal. This is a quick weeknight meal that can also be gussied up for company with a nice crusty bread and heavier dessert. Speaking of dessert, I'm feeling like a chocolate-based Barefoot Sunday this weekend...

1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time eating zucchini unless its some how fried.Wonder why,lol

    ReplyDelete