Friday, May 21, 2010

Little Knitted Bag

This little project was some homework that I gave myself (I am a teacher after all!) to practice a few techniques before delving into more complex knitting territory (hats, etc.). My objectives were: to become comfortable with the stockinette stitch, which comes from alternating rows of garter and purl stitches, and to learn how to make a button hole. I am very grateful to the gracious expert knitters who publish their how-to videos free on youtube. It took me about 45 minutes of watching and re-watching the video with a laptop warming my lap and needles in my hands to figure it out, but a button hole was made.
::
Now what to keep in my new little bag? Hmm...shop card perhaps ;)

2 comments:

  1. what a cute little pocket! I haven't done a buttonhole... hmmm. perfect spots for cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable bag!Cards are to sweet ;]!

    ReplyDelete