Saturday, May 1, 2010

Launching June 1 on Etsy...

That's right, friends. Exactly one month from today I will be an official shop girl! This has been a long time in the making. Well, not this exactly but different versions of a career in making things. There have been tears and disappointments along the way. There has been fear. But there has also been steady preparation, dreaming, hope, and help. Now, about this shop...
::
I wanted to stick to what I know and love best: kids! So, my teeny corner of the art and craft world, The Custom Caterpillar, will be devoted to making art for babies, children, and teens (I can't leave out my middle schoolers!). I remember how difficult it was to find just the right finishing touches for Amelia's nursery and then again for her big-girl room. My mission is to make this process friendly, fun, and special for parents and their little ones. I will have art for sale and will also create custom orders, making just the right piece for you!
::
What kind of art do you ask? My specialties include acrylic paint on canvas (with some layered paper mixed in), colored pencil sketches, and embroidery/applique. As we count down to shop-time I will be featuring items on the blog, sharing my techniques here and there as I go (I am a teacher after all). 
::
And now, at the risk of getting all sappy, may I just say a sincere thank you to those of you who supported this idea even before I had it. Blessings!

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! I am looking forward to seeing your store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to check it out!! Congratulations and good luck on this new endeavor. You are so talented...The Custom Caterpillar is destined to be a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Looking forward to shopping you. I already know one thing I want...;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is fabulous news. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that caterpillar !!!!!! I am very proud of you!!! Give it all you've got girl(which is alot!)and you cant go wrong!!!Woooo whoooo!!!!;]

    ReplyDelete