Sunday, May 2, 2010

Barefoot Sunday: Penne With Five Cheeses

Okay, friends: I did not make this dish today, but I have been meaning to tell you all about it since I prepared it a few weeks back...
::
Penne with five cheeses is one of the more well-known Ina Garten recipes, appearing on Barefoot Contessa in an episode that replays frequently. If you've tuned in to that particular show, you know that everyone just oohs, aahs, and yums over this stuff. I had to see what all the fuss was about!
::
The fuss is warranted; it is very rich and delicious. I must give fair warning, however. It is super-rich. As in, you'll want to serve it with a green salad and a super-light dessert for fear of having to roll your guests out the door at the end of the evening. As the chef, you'll want to try to forget the ingredients so that you can enjoy it thoroughly (and not imagine the celery you'll need to eat all week to balance it out!). I don't mean for this to be a negative review of this dish, as it was tasty. I just figure that it's best to know this sort of thing going in!
::
PS: Here's the recipe :) 

1 comment: