Thursday, April 8, 2010

It Really Is No-Fail Whole Wheat Bread

While blog-cruising over Spring Break last week, I stumbled upon this blog post at Progressive Pioneer. I was intrigued because it made bread making look so easy. So far I had made my family's Italian bread, but never a sandwich bread and never using whole wheat flour. 
Let me tell you, if you have access to a Kitchenaid mixer (thanks again, Mom!), this bread recipe is simple, easy, inexpensive, relatively non-mess-producing, and delicious!!! Plus you feel really cool and amazing making bread from scratch when really all you do is dump ingredients into a mixer for a while. Just make sure you babysit the mixer--mine almost walked itself off of the counter while kneading. That would have been very expensive bread. Eesh.  
The best part was that the bread was so soft, and as the recipe stated "not dense," even Amelia gobbled it up :)
Give it a try! You'll be glad you did :)

3 comments:

  1. You made even me this non-cook want to try bread making...it looks so yummy. Your heart for Jack is just beautiful over at Daisy Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll hafta borrow my pals kitchenaid(she just got one from her mom to;]) for this one .Looks to good not to try!Great pics as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! I will definitely be trying it!

    ReplyDelete