Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Flower Layer in Progress

Here is where I am with the last big project for Amelia's big-girl room:
After painting the background of sky and branches I began decoupaging cut paper for flowers and animals, meaning I cut the shapes out of scrapbook paper and then used Mod Podge and a foam brush to adhere them to the canvas. I purposely chose a Mod Podge with a gloss finish. Once I am finished with all of the applique (whenever that may be ;), I plan on coating the entire canvas so it has an even sheen all over.  Despite the tediousness of cutting out many flowers, I have had a lot of fun choosing coordinating scrapbook papers and layering them differently here and there; I have some ideas to share for similar projects as soon as this one is off of the easel and on the wall!

10 comments:

  1. Wow the flowers must have takin forever!Love the birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enlarged pic and spotted your crawly friends and beautiful butterfly.Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I distrust the word 'decoupage', it does look very lovely. Reminiscent of cherry blossoms (http://artfiles.art.com/5/p/LRG/14/1461/FRFQ000Z/erin-lange-cherry-blossoms.jpg).

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous. If you made one to sell, would it cost a million dollars? cause I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is absolutely gorgeous! What a lucky little one you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are all so sweet and supportive! I truly appreciate every single comment : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS: If I made one to sell...I have no idea of the cost ((yet!)). I am hopeful to have an Etsy shop soon, with art for children, including ones like these and smaller too! Thanks insteadofthedishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Danielle,
    My Name is Valentina and I just came over to say Hi, after seeing your heart for Jack and Tabatha over at Kim's. I suppose there must be a reason Kim put our hearts in the same picture, as I felt so at home right away when I landed on your blog!
    I love your photography and will need to come back soon with time and a big pot of tea for a proper visit! :)
    Valentina from Cyprus

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definately do the Etsy shop;]!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete