Saturday, April 10, 2010

Felt Napkin Rings

A couple of weeks ago I read and then re-read this post by Amanda Blake Soule (Soulemama). I just love the way she feels about daily family gatherings and how she knows that making them special sometimes takes just a little bit of intention. Now her children have taken it on in spades, setting the "scene" for the family dinner table each night. See it here
::
I fell in love with her personalized napkin rings, with her finding just the right one for each member of the family. I may still do that, but since I am quite impatient, I decided to make our own personalized rings out of felt scraps and thread in the mean time. I took orders for color and design and whipped them up on a lazy afternoon (they are only about 1.5" by 5" before joining the ends). The Soule family uses cloth napkins, which after reading about sound a lot more user-friendly than I previously thought. Hmm....
::
PS: If hand stitching is not for you, google making your own felt napkin rings. There are many no-sew designs out there that are very cute. 

3 comments:

  1. I loved that post at soulemama too! I have been thinking about it every meal! What a great way to take that spirit and run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable and I to went to read soulemamas post:}.It was a wake up call for me.Thanks for the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soulemama is an inspiring women for sure!

    ReplyDelete