Monday, April 5, 2010

Beach!

We ventured out yesterday to our collective most favorite place ever, the beach. For generations, my family (no matter the city, state, country, or continent) has lived near the water. We are about an hour and a half from a "good beach" now and that's about as far as we are willing to go. Being raised in Key West, Jason and I share the twisted quality of becoming relaxed at the smell of rotting seaweed and the persistent, nagging squawks of seagulls. Amelia's love for it is not too far behind. With that in mind, we loaded up the car and headed out. 
It was not the sun-shiniest day to start with, but no matter to us. We could breathe. We were at the beach. 

2 comments:

  1. Great pics!I am wicked jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the beach too - you are making me sea-sick (sick to be at the sea), as I am stuck here in the middle-land with only lakes and rivers, which are definitely not the same!

    ReplyDelete