Sunday, April 18, 2010

Barefoot Sunday: Blunders

It seems that in the quest for making a recipe slightly healthier I totally screwed it up! I wanted to make Ina Garten's oven fried chicken recipe, which always looks so tasty when she makes it. I got a little ahead of myself and bought boneless skinless chicken breasts. I didn't think anything of it; I even carefully marinated them overnight in buttermilk! It wasn't until I was in the midst of the (shortened) frying stage (that occurs before the oven stage) that I knew something was amiss. The breading was falling off of the chicken. Jason was the one who peeked over my shoulder at the stove and said "Shouldn't they have skin on them for the breading to stick to?" Oh, yeah...that would be the problem! Nevertheless, the chicken tasted good. Here is a picture of my chicken next to what it should have looked like: 
Poor little things. The good news? I ended up making a delectable treat with the rest of the buttermilk. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow friends.
::
PS: By "rest of the buttermilk" I mean the remaining fresh buttermilk in the carton, definitely NOT the buttermilk that the chicken was marinating in. Just so ya know ;) 

1 comment:

  1. My fried chicken always comes out kinda ehhhhh no matter what recipe I use so dont feel bad,ughhh!

    ReplyDelete