Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my Mom's birthday--happy birthday, Mom!! She is far away so I am sending her this birthday "cupcake" through the blogosphere (she is visiting next week where she will get her actual presents--we can't wait!).
The idea for this cupcake came from Betz White's book Warm Fuzzies. The process is really simple and a great way to use extra scraps of ribbon and fabric; or in my case, shirts and sweaters that I have ruined with olive oil stains ;) It is  technically a pincushion, which I think would make a great gift to a new crafter, along with a fresh box of pretty pins. 
::
PS: Betz White is also the designer behind Amelia's Valentine hedgehog--I just love her stuff!

1 comment:

  1. That is one pretty cupcake!I am glad it will never be eaten;].Happy Birthday M xo

    ReplyDelete