Sunday, March 7, 2010

Barefoot Sunday: Tomato, Mozzarella, & Pesto Panini

I was solo for Barefoot Lunch today, so I chose something yummy just for me: a tomato, mozzarella, and pesto pressed sandwich. The recipe in Barefoot Contessa At Home is for a panini, but I don't have a panini maker. Instead, I put the sandwich on the griddle and weighted it down with a saute pan : ) Just the same, but without the tell-tale panini ridges. 
::
As for taste, it was quite yummy. I used store bought pesto and ciabatta for the bread and traded the called-for butter for olive oil. Overall it was a delicious and satisfying lunch (well, if you add a few squares of Dove dark chocolate to finish ;). 
::
PS: I finally have a completed sewing craft to show you tomorrow--tune in!

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. And a lovely new photo of you, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sandweech looks very tempting.Billy wants one to:}.Luv your glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I figured it was time to have the glasses in the picture since they are on every waking moment.

    ReplyDelete