Thursday, March 18, 2010

All Done! Basket Weave Heart

You see? I needed a deadline, that's all. Even a pretend one. What came of the basket weave felt pattern from Tuesday was a little stuffed heart. This could be a doll pillow, a simple stuffed toy, or even a pincushion. I got nervous about half-way through because the weaves were puckering and sliding around. However, once the heart was stuffed it pushed the weaves taught enough to stay in place. There are many free resources online for making stuffed items like this one. My secret trick to share with you? I traced a cookie cutter for the heart pattern!

1 comment:

  1. I do the lattice top on my pies so it makes me want pie. It also looks cozy and makes me wanna take a little nap,lol.Very cool project!Its nice when you make something that evokes good feelings ya know ;]

    ReplyDelete