Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Snack-Time Tip

Here's a little tip from me to you. Amelia's school asks that snack be packaged separately from lunch and labeled so as to be easily identifiable in the class snack basket. After trying to write her name with Sharpies and whatnot on the snack bags in the morning, which isn't very legible for a small child, I decided to print her name on address labels instead: 
Clearly labeled, easy for her to read, and easy for me to stick (I keep them in the kitchen junk drawer for easy reach):
I know, I know. Some of you who read this will see that my use of plastic baggies is not a very green choice at all. Most of the container items in her lunch box are not disposable, but for the special snack rules this is all I got! 
::
PS: You could even put mommy love messages on them...or clip art...or stickers...ok, now I am getting ahead of myself! 

1 comment:

  1. It just looks so cozy home-ee ya know:}
    I guess the cheerios remind me of when my kiddies where still peanuts:[.Good idea by the way;]

    ReplyDelete