Friday, February 5, 2010

Remember the Sweet Things

Not simply the book, but this story may be one of my very favorites ever. It is a true story that I stumbled upon years ago as an article in Hallmark magazine (oh, how I miss that publication). I forever kept the magazine and was so pleasantly surprised to learn that a book would follow.
It is the true story of Ellen Greene and her husband Marshall, affectionately known as "Marsh." Their life together was not without struggle, but through it all Ellen engaged in a sweet, tender, and inspiring tradition. 
::
From the book jacket: 
   
   For twenty years, Ellen Greene kept a running list of the thoughtful, funny, touching things that her husband Marsh said and did. She wrote them down secretly, then shared those thoughts with him every Valentine's Day when he would find pages of her "Sweet Things List" tucked inside a card. 
::
I promise you that if you read this story, you will fall in love with Ellen and Marsh. Quite probably, it will inspire you to create a list of your own sweet things for someone in your life...

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like something that I would love! My husband and I have kept a journal since we started dating, but it isn't written in that often... maybe I should start again!

    ReplyDelete