Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Studio Wishes and Artist Dreams

Ok, so what's the mystery project? It's an art studio, if I use the term really loosely. Another term for it? Guest bedroom closet; but what's in a name, really? 
::
I have been yearning for a creative space to call my own. If you've been reading this blog for some time now, you'll know that the dining room table did not work out at all. Using the kitchen table did not pan out any better. I had been feeling a little wistful and forlorn about it, our space being just a tiny bit too small for me to stake creative claim on a whole room.
::
Then I saw this awesome sewing space by Sharilyn at Lovely Design, which reminded me about this image from Real Simple that I always admired and that is built in an even smaller space. Inspiration hit! Now it was time to get moving. 
::
Here is the space last Saturday (hey, it's the guest bedroom closet--what did you expect ;):
We emptied it, removed all of Jason's previous handiwork (thanks, J!), patched up the holes and started painting. Of course, with the help of tiny hands: 
I would love to show you a completed "studio," but I am a full-time-working-mom after all. I am aiming for a nice reveal picture for you on Saturday.
PS: Where am I going to put all that stuff from the closet? Beats me, but I am so excited for my new space! I hope this inspires you to nudge out a wee space of your own! 

2 comments:

  1. And if you look closely at the first picture, you see my shirts! You should have taken a picture of how amazingly they were packed for shipping. If the dogs hadn't pulled them off of a chair and slept on them, they would have been good enough to wear, right out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M VERY JELOUS !! I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND SPACE FOR MY OWN PROJECTS AS WELL:|.IF I KNOW YOU ,YOUR CLOSET WILL BE TRANSFORMED INTO A CRAFTERS DREAM .I'M STILL SEARCHING MY HOUSE FOR THAT PERFECT SPOT.SO FAR ITS JUST A WEE DESK IN MY BEDROOM(GOOD FOR WRITING BUT NOT MUCH ELSE).I'M INSPIRED BY YOU ONCE AGAIN AND WILL TAKE A MUCH BETTER LOOK AT MY CLOSETS(SCAREY:/)

    ReplyDelete