Monday, January 25, 2010

A Snack-Time Reversal of Roles

We were having a little after-school snack today, Amelia's favorite white cheddar popcorn:

She sat there eating peacefully while I grabbed a few handfuls (seemingly unnoticed) as I puttered quickly around, emptying lunch boxes and sifting through the mail and such. She then took a pensive breath, stared at me with a mixture of concern and sternness and said, "You know, Mom, you really shouldn't eat handfuls of popcorn like that. You could choke."

Out of the mouths of babes. 

4 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me!!!! Thats hysterical!!!! I can totally picture her face when she said it,lol:}.These little chickies are to big for their britches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We teach them so well, don't we? Gotta love lil' smarties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! How can I say anything? She gets it all from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you learned from the master :)

    ReplyDelete