Saturday, January 2, 2010

One Small Change Project

I am really excited to participate in the One Small Change project via Hip Mountain Mama. What a great idea: making one Earth-friendly change each month leading up to Earth Day (April 22nd) and blogging about your progress.  It has already been fun and inspirational to see what everyone else will be up to in the coming weeks and months. 
::
Choosing a January project was pretty easy. I already recycle like a mad-woman (just ask my friends ;), we've long had eco-lightbulbs, eat organic meats, stopped drinking bottled water, etc. My issue is that we go through paper towels at a ridiculous rate. So much so that their purchase requires a trip to a super-store to buy in bulk : / embarrassing! 
::
It's quite serendipitous that I am at the end of my current stash. So, I will buy just two rolls at the store tomorrow and see how long I can make them last. 
::
Now, I can't possibly exit this post leaving you with only a photo of dishrags. Instead, in support of the Earth-friendly theme, I leave you with my favorite nature photos from the last few days: 
PS: Barefoot Sunday tomorrow! Hmm....what to make...??

3 comments:

  1. I love your idea of eliminating paper towels! Way to go...thanks for joining the challenge!
    Suzy
    P.S. Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog - it means even more to me now that I've visited your blog and see how beautiful it is. You're a very talented artist! Best of luck on decreasing the paper towels. I've had good luck with a 20 pack of micro-fiber towels that I bought at SAMS. I cut half of them up into different sizes to fit different needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your change! I can relate to your need for paper towels - I have four kids under five and with all the spills and messes that happen around here I would be LOST without them! Maybe that could be my change a bit later on in March or so. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete