Friday, January 8, 2010

Nightgowns: Her "Thing"


Long before Amelia was even a twinkle in our eye, Jason and I would muse and ponder about our future children and what they would be like. Namely, what would be their quirks and tendencies, the qualities that make them so...them?  Would he or she beg for a pet snake or be really into dinosaurs or wear only red or eat only mustard sandwiches?
::
And then there was Amelia. It didn't take long for her "thing" to reveal itself...nightgowns, or "lightdowns" as she used to say. The very moment we walk in the door from anywhere, she races to her room to put on another nightgown. Yes, another one. A different one each time, in fact. I do a lot of nightgown-related laundry around here, but that's ok because that's her "thing" and I love it. 
::
If you're out there and you care to share, what makes your little ones so 'them'? 

5 comments:

  1. One is anything pink... it must be pink!
    the other is tractors... always tractors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately lions!!!! Her room has a bench seat with at least 15 of all different sizes(stuffed ones-mamas, papas and babys to:})Mealy picked some beautiful fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that she called them "lightdowns"! My daughter is 7 and she still refers to bedtime as "bednight" and used to always talk about yesternight. My Georgia, who is 5, has a thing for Cheerleaders and cheerleading... and for the life of me, I don't know why or where she even came up with the idea. We don't have a TV and I'm not a cheerleader, but they do their own thing and we love 'em for it!
    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 5 year old DD is also a nightgown fanatic. She just got home from Kindergarten and she's on the couch in a nightgown right now. A trail of school clothes are littered across the floor. She lives for being in her pj's!

    ReplyDelete