Saturday, January 30, 2010

Items New, Old

I am excited to show you pretty items today! First, my friend Lisa surprised me with a spool holder for the studio. I love the look of all the colors in neat little rows, each spool the same, yet different. I am quite aware that I am one spool short of a full holder (ha, ha) and will remedy that soon enough my friends...
While I sorted through the lovely yellow sewing case that was my mother-in-law's and is now a treasure of mine, I stumbled upon these two vintage seam rippers: 
I just love their color! Together with the yellow case you can so clearly envision the heyday of their brand-new-ness way back when...

3 comments:

  1. Spool holders are so pretty... always look like a rainbow! Love that. What a thoughtful gift! I too have many handed down sewing tools from my MIL. I'm always pleased when I find something in the stash I hadn't realized was there before! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have used those seam rippers the other day ;}.I love em!Almost all the sewing things I have where also passed on to me from my mother in law including my sewing machine.Very special:{

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband makes fun of my seamripper's... I can never seem to find them when I need them!!

    Love the thread holder... colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete