Thursday, January 7, 2010

Beauty in Everyday Places

This little space, or Mama's "computer page" as Amelia would call it, is always in my mind. For this reason, I have become accustomed to having the camera with me at the oddest of times and the most regular of places. It's so fun to go through the day with a photographic eye. It serendipitously puts you in the frame of mind to notice beauty in places where you would otherwise be on auto-pilot or even stressed. 
::
Below are two such images. One is outside the dentist's office (which if you know me = stress) and the other in a shopping center parking lot: 
Be well, friends! I'm off to work on the studio...I feel about it now the way you might feel half-way through a new haircut...excited but also nervous/hopeful that it's going to turn out the way you envisioned. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle,
    Thought I would leave a comment and say hi! I think bare winter branches are so beautiful, so I especially like the second photo. Also, I've had an "office" in my guest room closet for many years and it has worked out great. Can't wait to see your studio--I'm sure it will be beautiful.
    Happy new year!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle,
    The top photo reminds me of a print my parents had on the wall when I was a child. I used to get lost looking into it a lot! I know what you mean about carrying the camera... just a newbie in the blogging community, but I often find myself wondering "Why don't I have the camera with me???". I suppose, in time, I'll remember to bring it along EVERYWHERE I go.
    Much love,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies!
    PS: Nicole, it took me about five or so incidents of "Dang! I wish I had the camera!" to permanently cement into my bag : )

    ReplyDelete