Sunday, January 10, 2010

Barefoot Sunday: Ina Garten Roast Chicken

My favorite episodes of Barefoot Contessa are the ones taking place on a Friday night: where Ina lovingly makes a roast chicken for her husband Jeffrey, who drives for many hours to get an early start on the weekend with her. They are so sweet to each other...I just love it. You would think that I would make a roast chicken for just Jason and me, given the nature of my favorite episode. Alas, I did not...rather I made it for a small dinner party of close friends--who gave it an amazing review! Here are the tidbits: 
::
I couldn't find kitchen twine for sale at the grocery store; I found that if you ask nicely, the wonderful people behind the meat counter just give you some. Nice!:
The accompanying ingredients (besides the chicken!) are surprisingly few and not surprisingly flavorful: 
Beware! You will get to know your chicken very well while preparing it for roasting: 
All done! This was the best picture I could get, given that I had some hungry guests wondering why I was taking pictures of the food (ha--welcome to the blogging lifestyle!): 
The prep was simple and the result: juicy, tender, and flavorful. As a side dish I made another roasted vegetable torte, because one was simply not enough! If only there were leftovers this time ;)
::
PS: Both the Perfect Roast Chicken and the Roasted Vegetable Torte come from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook

1 comment: