Monday, December 14, 2009

Roasted Vegetable Torte-Turned Sandwich...and Some Pictures Too

Hello! Boy, was today Monday for the three of us in my little family...I am officially giving myself the night off from holiday to-do's and will very shortly park myself on the couch for some deliciously mindless television watching. First, though, I would love to share what became of the leftover torte: 
I microwaved the vegetables just long enough to take the chill off (about 45 seconds). Then, I spooned it over a day-old baguette, sprinkled some shredded mozzarella over it, and put it in the oven at 350 degrees until the bread was nice and crispy. It was so tasty that I would venture to say I might make the torte just to get to the leftovers :) 
::
We had a lovely 30-minute respite from the nasty, depressing weather yesterday; I promptly leashed up Isa and Amelia and I took her on a neighborhood stroll, trying our hardest to avoid the puddles and grass so saturated it felt like quicksand. Of course, I brought the camera: 
PS: Though not the prettiest, this last picture is my favorite. Do you think, perhaps, they are just not speaking to each other? I wonder what happened...:)

1 comment:

  1. I also love the last picture! How funny to think of it like that!

    ReplyDelete