Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve Pancakes: A New Tradition??

I did a wee bit of internet searching yesterday looking for a few new customs to add to our New Year's Eve repertoire. We usually stay home and have champagne, 12 grapes, and black eyed peas at midnight (stemming from our Key West upbringing); it could definitely use some shaking up as well as some pre-midnight fun that Amelia can join in. One custom that I stumbled upon (from France, maybe?) was eating pancakes. Sounds promising...
::
Of course, the little black chair was dragged into the kitchen: 
And lots of whisking occurred:  
The result? Very yummy stacks courtesy of a Foodnetwork.com recipe found here:

If I may say, thank you so much for taking the time to drop by this little space. I wish each of you a wonderful, fabulous, fantastic 2010! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I enjoyed reading through your last few blog posts. Pancakes on NYE is a fantastic idea. I must admit that we did grilled cheese! Don't know if we'll make it a tradition... Anyhoo, hope you have a happy new year!
    ~Nicole
    mountaintoptribe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! We had grilled cheese tonight--no kidding! Thanks for your kind words and for leaving a comment. I will be sure to visit your space and return the favor : )

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dangit, now I want pancakes. My pancake-lust was not properly sated during my visit!

    ReplyDelete