Monday, December 28, 2009

More Than This

You haven't seen a "book bits" post here in some time; partly due to the holiday hustle and bustle, but also due to me being a little stuck. I really wanted to love this book. The first fifty or so pages were captivating...one of those books where you can enjoy the author's words instead of just reading to see what happens. 
::
Flip forward fifty pages and I just couldn't maintain an interest level. I like the story (click here for a description), I like the two main characters, and yet...maybe it's because I am impatient and I want the characters to get together immediately, or maybe the secondary characters play too much of a role for my taste. 
::
My friend S. is an English teacher. She says that there are too many wonderful books in this world to muddle through one that is just not working for you. So it is here, page 178, that I stop. 
This book was well-reviewed on Amazon, so I am going to go with an "it's not you, it's me" review here, folks. That is to say, I think someone else may find it delightful. 
::
Please let me know if you are up for it and I will send it your way! 
::
PS: Fair Warning: my books tend to be of the dog-earred and coffee-stained variety ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment