Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hand-painted Graphic Tee: Fingerprints

This was made a few weeks back, but I couldn't show it here for obvious reasons (hi, Dad!). I am always on the lookout for cool t-shirts for my dad, who lives in South Florida and thus does not require gifts of the knitted kind :) He is also a lover of handmade gifts, so I thought I would combine the two this Christmas. Making a t-shirt was not an option (no surprise there :), but I was able to buy a very nice, dark brown cotton tee at the craft store for a very reasonable price. Win!
::
I wanted the shirt to be a hand-painted gift from Amelia; yet, I really wasn't into the thought of an Amelia "free-style" painting on it. Instead, I dipped her index finger into fabric paint, and made just one row of dots across the top and stopped at that. Less is more in my opinion. I also chose to inch the line closer to the neckline of the shirt, for risk of it looking a tad Charlie-Brownish in design if I put it any lower. 
::
It was so easy! I could see this being a great present for t-shirt lovers, with so many finger-print design options for even the youngest of painters to be a part of. Feel free to take it and run with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment