Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Barefoot Wednesday ?!: Repurposing Leftover Tomato Sauce

Let me preface this entire post by saying I am on vacation from work, which is why such a thing as homemade dough managed to happen mid-week. 
::
It began with my determination not to purchase any food for dinner-making-purposes until we had made good use of all the food leftovers, etc. from the holiday company. This included the giant pot of tomato sauce that was made on Sunday. The life cycle of said sauce?

  •  Sunday: Meatball Subs...Whenever I make meatballs, I make a bunch and we have subs because I don't have enough large pots to make meatballs, sauce, and pasta. Plus it's just yummy. 
  • Monday: Meatball subs again ;) 
  • Tuesday: Spaghetti and meatballs
  • Wednesday: Homemade pizza!

I have done this before with leftover sauce, using Pillsbury pizza dough, which suits me fine during the week. Since I'm on break and had the ingredients in the house (except honey, so I substituted sugar), I decided to go for Ina Garten's pizza dough. You can find it here as part of the white pizza with arugula recipe. 
::
The pizza dough got rave reviews by all, including the little one, who declared it "awesome." Like Ina's recipe, I chose to make each of us our own little pizza. And now the sauce is gone;)

No comments:

Post a Comment