Sunday, December 20, 2009

Barefoot Sunday: Sunrise Smoothie

This was a fun, easy, and delicious breakfast concoction. The flavor was smooth, and not overpowered by any particular ingredient. Also, I very much enjoyed the lack of banana in the recipe--the strawberry/banana flavor combo is not my favorite. You can find the recipe right here at FoodNetwork.com--I love when that happens!
::
In the Barefoot Contessa episode where this smoothie is made, Ina serves it to her pals alongside a sour cream coffee cake. Sounds delicious...but if I am going to make it until lunch without getting crabby I am going to need some protein; so our smoothies were enjoyed with scrambled eggs and whole wheat toast (with help from Amelia :): 
In doggie news: Isa enjoyed some extra watermelon while practicing her "sit"--she's almost got it! Now, if we can only get her to use the new doggie door...
I love Sunday mornings. Have a lovely, lovely day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment