Sunday, December 13, 2009

Barefoot Sunday: Roasted Vegetable Torte

This was, easily, the very best dish that I have made so far. 
Here's why: 
* Ina's directions created a perfectly seasoned and endlessly delicious dish. I could've just pulled up a chair to the platter and eaten the whole thing (but that would be bad manners, don't you think?)
* The kitchen smelled mouth-watering. 
* The prep-time and clean-up were both short, and totally worthy of the dish.
* It's stunning; a definite crowd pleaser in terms of presentation, yet not at hard as it looks. 
* The feeling of pride when you flip it over and the torte comes out just right...ah, bliss!
::
Here's how it began: 
Flipping through the books for ideas...I wanted something earthy, but not heavy, as the holiday pounds are already coming between me and my favorite jeans: 
Found it! And purchased the provisions: 
The fun kind of chopping where you feel like a culinary expert: 
And the big reveal...ta da!!!
PS: Yes, my "serving platter" leaves much to be desired...just pretend you don't see it ;)
PPS: You can find the recipe in The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment