Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Provisions and Preparations

Today has been about gathering provisions and making plans for tomorrow's Thanksgiving celebration. Though it will be just four of us (our three plus my father-in-law, whom Amelia calls Papa), I am aiming for a delicious and traditional meal and a warm-feeling, kid-and mama-crafted setting. Once again, being in a school environment allowed me access to super fun stuff: a die-cut machine. I used my own scrapbooking paper to make leafy cutouts and strung them together from left-over yarn from you-know-where ;) Turkey and baby chick cutouts were glued to cut paper towel rings to create placecards/napkin rings. Also, there are a few speckled pumpkins and one giant squirrel thrown in for good measure.


Now, let's cross fingers that I don't need to go to the grocery store for the third time today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment