Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Book of Jane

This is one of the few books that I have ever read more than once (just finished it again!). The Book of Jane is what I reach for when I am feeling overwhelmed and maybe even a little anxious too. From the back of the book: "In this witty and contemporary retelling of the story of Job, Jane discovers what she really wants after nearly everything she holds dear slips away." While that description is not untrue, this read is still classified as "chick-lit" in my opinion and was told in such a way that you could understand the character's plight while not also needing a box of tissues beside you. I would call this book...a security blanket on pages.
::
I'm not quite sure who will be the next to read this...any ideas friends?
::
PS: A fun shot celebrating the book cover (since I already had the chihuahua and all :)
PPS: the kitchen and I are friends again...tune in tomorrow for Barefoot Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment