Sunday, November 22, 2009

Barefoot Sunday: Easy Cheese Danish

These were sooo delicious, quite possibly my most favorite Barefoot Sunday so far. Sometimes I reduce the amount of zest in Ina's recipes to suit our taste, but since making a Danish was uncharted territory for me, I wasn't yet ready to experiment. For this recipe, we felt like the flavor was just right. The preparation was easy, if not a little bit time consuming; Ina says that you can assemble these the night before and then bake them in the morning. Next time I will do just that, since this ended up being more of a Barefoot brunch rather than breakfast. The recipe calls for it to be served warm, but we found that at room temperature the flavors were more enjoyable and identifiable and the physical Danish was easier to handle. All I can say is yum and I'm glad that I made extras :)
PS: These were Easy Cheese Danishes from the Barefoot Contessa At Home Cookbook.
PPS: This calls for only 2 tbsp of ricotta cheese--for economic purposes, it may be helpful to plan another ricotta-based recipe for later in the week (we're having baked ziti:). 

No comments:

Post a Comment