Sunday, November 29, 2009

Barefoot Sunday: Chicken Chili

Get out your cutting boards folks! This recipe is delicious, easy, and fun to make. You can find it right here, courtesy of foodnetwork.com. The beginning stages involves a good amount of chopping (remember to chop bell peppers with the skin on the cutting board)--but it's simple, colorful, I-am-a-glamorous-cook kind of chopping:
A tip from me: When a recipe calls for the herbs and spices to be added all at once, I measure them out ahead of time so that I am not messing with tiny jars and tinier spoons while things are overcooking on the stovetop:
This dish was very delicious, and to us, tasted like more of it's own thing than a chili. This would be great to make for a crowd (gathered for watching football, perhaps?). I served it with sour cream and shredded cheddar as toppings, but swapped out the corn chips for corn bread (because I love it) and included a leafy green salad: 
PS: Thank you, Mom, for my little blue ramekins...one day I will actually use them for their intended purpose :)

No comments:

Post a Comment