Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Morning


Good Morning! Ah, Sunday's. I have become better over the years at not procrastinating too many odds and ends, which used to make my treasured Sunday a tornado of errands and laundry. I have, however, left it as grocery day since I do like to make a nice, big dinner on Sunday evening but don't often have the inspiration for the meal until that morning (sometimes I just hand Jason the cookbooks and say "choose.") Today you will see evidence of the morning so far: bread rising, iced orange juice (post coffee ;)), and the beginnings of a grocery list. Ina Garten's cookbook, Barefoot Contessa At Home, has a wonderful lesson on how to organize a grocery list by category. I have used that lesson ever since. My categories are: produce, meat, shelf, frozen, dairy, and of course, Amelia. Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment