Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Review And A Recipe


The Way Life Should Be was absolutely lovely! An easy read, with just enough conflict to keep it interesting but not so much to seem unlikely or heavy for a full-time-working-mom to read in the evening. An unexpected treat? There were recipes woven throughout the story as well as listed on the end pages. I decided to make the fennel and parmesan salad because I thought it was the most interesting recipe given and also very simple for a weeknight. There were no proportions listed, only ingredients: fennel, parmesan, and a vinaigrette of lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. After feeding it to my family, I must say that you need to like fennel...I mean really like fennel...to enjoy this dish (lucky for me--I do!). For my vinaigrette, I chose to do two parts olive oil to one part lemon juice and added salt and pepper to taste. For two fennel bulbs I made about 1/4 cup of dressing, which seemed like a lot but the fennel and parmesan really absorbed it. Yum!

I brought the book to Jayne (my personal book fairy) today, who coincidentally also left me a big stash of new reads on my desk chair. Bliss! Whichever will I read first? Thank you, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment