Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Little History


"Ina" was not Amelia's first word...but it was in the top 10. I have loved Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa) since first viewing her Chefography on the Food Network some years ago. Her story of changing her life and buying a specialty food store is inspirational. Her recipes are wonderful, her books read like novels and look like works of art, and her TV show is warm, inviting, and peaceful after a long day of work. Last October, we had the amazing opportunity to drive and drive and drive to a book signing Ina was having in South Florida. Amelia is as big a fan as I am, so after my brother and I (thanks again Robert!) held our place in line all morning, my dad and Jason brought Amelia just in time to meet Ina!! She is even more beautiful in person than on TV.

So, inspired by Ina and, of course, the story of Julie & Julia, I have decided to start a Sunday cook-fest in honor of Ina. I will call it Barefoot Sunday's and will use it to dare to try recipes that have heretofore intimidated the stew out of me! I am so excited!

2 comments:

  1. Do you still have that absolutely worthless pack of cards we bought at the bookstore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure do! I also kept the MadLibs :)

    ReplyDelete